One of the fondest memory of my childhood is when all the cousins used to sit on the floor of our lawn semi circling her and she used to give each one of us a small vessel/glass of different size and shapes filled with green substance and we used to drink the Neem ka Kadha with one hand, as other was busy holding the breath; eyes closed. That was the bad part, the good part used to come after we finish the whole thing, the sugar cubes. We loved fighting for the bigger cubes. Seeing all of us around having fun used to make her day.
She was old traditional Rajasthani lady. She had no teeth as far as I can recollect but she used to tell me proudly that when I was young and toothless she used to chew the food and feed me, She lost all her teeth pretty early. She had more wrinkles than females of her age would have had. She was fair, thin and beautiful.
I lost my Grandma (Dadi, we used to call her Bai) around Ganesh Chaturthi in 2003. She was in bad shape in last months of her life. I think she lost the zeal to live when her partner for so many years left her, My grandpa (used to call him Ba) passed away few year back. My grandpa had memory problem in his last years and hence he used to argue a lot with my Dadi but they were inseparable. My dadi never stayed without him, wherever they stayed, her other son/daughters house or our place. They stayed together.
I can see multiple number of people in my friend list on social networking sites getting committed/engaged AKA doomed, and their relationship is now in public knowledge. Hence I thought of putting down some of the hazards/rules of getting engaged (Specially for male species).
Here you go.
- Every call you make in office/restaurant/loo will be suspected as a call to your future spouse. Even when you are listening about some home loan scheme from a husky female voice at the other end.
- Shades and size of dark circles will be inversely proportional to call charges. Cheaper the charges darker and bigger the circle would be.
- Archie’s gift shop guy will remember you by name.
- Your screen saver, wallpaper will have ONE picture.
- Her number will on speed dial but you won’t have to use it because It will be always on the redial list. Needless to say you will have her number by heart.
- Don’t be surprised when you realized that last time you met your friends over a dinner when she was out of town or she had plan with her friends.
- No, She doesn’t look fat. Not even in that red dress. Don’t even try. You will be dead meat.
So How you have been? From the last post you know I am engaged to a lovely girl. And its turning out to be the most sound decision of my life. Not sure about her decision though. She is great and in comparison, she is awesome.
Did I tell you the good part? I am learning many new things, from handling those shopping bags to paying a hefty tips to waiter (whose paycheck is surely more than mine) at upmarket restaurants, asking ticket window guy to give me the corner seat for whichever movies its available for. Nodding at every request she make and giving ‘Its-ok-honey’ look whenever she is late by couple of hours. Fighting with my bank to increase my credit limit to avoid embarrassing situations, talking on the phone through the night till your morning alarm start ringing. Sharing your last scoop of ice-cream. Its bliss.