Alert : Abusive post. But you know what? you need it.
Its womens day today and I think It cant get better or harsh than this. You may not agree with all that’s written but quite true, I would say. So for a change lets not celebrate but introspect.
I don’t want to be a woman because
- I’m a child, a girl, a lady, a woman. A friend, a sister, an aunt, a wife, a mother, a lover. Before all that I’m a woman.
- I’m available. I’m public property. My eyes, my lips, my breasts, my hands, my arms, my waist, my thighs, my feet, my legs. Their hands, their elbows, their eyes, their feet, their chest, their mouth. Their words. Their attacks. Their gropes, their stares, their nudges, their pushes.
- I’m a cunt. If I don’t smile back at a stranger saying “Hi, want a lift?”.
- I’m a raand. If I don’t smile back at a stranger saying “Kya madam, chalen sair pe?”
- I’m available. If you want a one-night stand.
- I’m a whore. If I want a one-night stand.
- I’m a slut. If my best friends are guys.
- I’m a drunk. If I go to a bar after a bad day.
- I’m a chaalu. If I wear a mini skirt.
- I’m disgusting. If I used foul language.
- I’m ideal. If only I only stayed at home and didn’t party.
- I asked for it. If I didn’t smile back, if I got drunk, if I wore a mini skirt, if I wore a tight T-shirt, if I wore jeans, if I wore a frock. If I moved in a crowd. If I wanted to enjoy a sunset alone at Band Stand. If I wanted to go home with my friends after New Years.
- Yes, I asked for all of it. The violation, the intrusion, the humiliation, the hurt, the bruises, the insults, the blood, the tears, the trauma. I asked for all of it.